What’s the ideal toolset for localization and e-commerce?
Wordbee recently won 3rd place in the category Best Solution for International Expansion at the
E-Commerce Awards 2018, rewarded at the E-Commerce Berlin Expo. With that in mind, we thought we’d write up a short summary of why so many e-commerce companies power their foreign expansion with Wordbee translation management.
Should you localize?
The jury is already out on whether or not you should localize. There are studies upon studies that show the obvious: if you think you can sell more in a foreign country or language, and you can deliver the goods, then you should localize to make more money.
What are your characteristics?
If you’re an e-commerce company, odds are your content is characterized by three things:
- High volume of individual items, product pages, blog posts, and other content
- Desire to keep costs low, as content is constantly refreshed
- High overhead in posting products etc. that adds up
What do you need?
E-commerce companies need a tool that:
- Streamlines the management of several files for translation
- Connects to your system so you can roundtrip content through your translation system without manually posting stuff or copy/pasting from Word docs
- Includes linguistic resources and a translation editor so you have centralized control
- One that makes supplier invoicing automatic for lots of files
- One that makes supplier prices easy to manage, so you can keep costs down
- One that lets you reuse previous translations to cut costs
- A small team of freelance translators
That’s pretty much what e-commerce companies need, and coincidentally, that’s exactly what Wordbee does 😛
Note on finding freelancers
Building a small team of freelance translators is easier than you think. There are several sites online where you can find translators, including Proz, Translator’s Café, the upcoming Zingword, and several others. Just review their profiles carefully and you’re sure to find some that are perfect for your small team.
Discover Wordbee’s cloud-based Translation Management System with your 15 day free trial or talk to one of our localization consultants.