What is a Machine Translation?
Machine translation (MT) systems are applications that use natural language processing technology to automatically translate a text from one language to another. The machine translation system is therefore the chosen system that will perform a translation.
In Wordbee, you can use one or more systems to accomplish an MT:
- Microsoft Bing
- Google Translate
- Lingua Custodia
The translations produced by customized MT systems will be markedly better than those of general-purpose engines for the content that they were built to translate.
We help our clients identify which solution is best for them by helping them build customized MT workflows.
Benefits of using Machine translations within Wordbee Translator
- Effective machine translations connectivity. Connect any machine translation technology to Wordbee easily. Out-of-the-box integrations include Microsoft Translator, Reverso by Softissimo, Google Translate, Lingua Custodia, and Tauyou.
- Higher quality and consistency. Machine translation can be done in various stages of the translation workflow, depending on your needs. Your translation memory can be leveraged properly before the application of machine translation.
- Easy post-edit and automated workflows. If you want to machine translate your text and then have a post-edit completed, that’s easy to do and it can be part of your automated workflow.
- Supplier management and supplier prices. Supplier management and pricing makes it easy to store supplier post-editing prices in Wordbee, which allows Wordbee to largely automate the financial side of your agency or department.
- Faster translations. In the CAT interface, machine translation can be used manually at the segment level by the translator according to their access rights or your instructions. Many translators are already using Google Translate, for example, to speed up their work.
How does it work?
The Luxembourg-based company Wordbee has developed Wordbee Translator, a Cloud-based collaborative translation and project management platform, and Wordbee Beebox, a CMS connectivity solution. Wordbee helps renowned Language Service Providers, public and educational organisations, and global leading companies to implement high-performance translation technology.
Discover Wordbee Machine translations with your 15 day free trial or talk to one of our localization consultants.