The long-running debate on human translation vs machine translation refuses to go away. This is because nowadays technology improves every year and the quality of machine translation is constantly rising.
What is a Machine Translation?
Machine translation (MT) system is a application that uses natural language processing technology to automatically translate a text from one language to another. The Machine Translation System is the chosen system for performing the translation.
In Wordbee, you can use one or more systems to accomplish an MT:
- Microsoft Bing
- Google translate
- Lingua Custodia
Wordbee’s system MT is build very different from Google’s general-purpose engines. Our MT systems are custom built for a specific domain, client or even product. The translations produced by customized MT systems will be markedly better than those of general-purpose engines for the content that they are built to translate.
We help our clients to identify which solution is the best for them by helping them build customized MT workflows.
Benefits of Wordbee Machine translations
- Effective Machine translations connectivity. Connect any machine translation technology to Wordbee easily. Out-of-the-box integrations include Microsoft Translator, Reverso by Softissimo, Google Translate, Lingua Custodia and Tauyou.
- Higher quality and consistency. Machine translation can be done in various stages of the translation workflow, depending on your needs. Your translation memory can be leveraged properly before the application of machine translation.
- Easy Post-edit and automated workflows. If you want to machine translate and then post-edit, this can not only be done easily, it can be part of your automated workflow.
- Supplier management and supplier prices. Supplier management and pricing makes it easy to store supplier post-editing prices in Wordbee, which allows Wordbee to largely automate the financial side of your agency or department.
- Faster translations. In the CAT interface, machine translation can be used manually at the segment level by the translator according to his or her access rights or your instructions. Many translators are already using Google Translate, for example, to make their work faster.
How does it work?
Please make sure to check our User guide regarding the Machine translations feature on Wordbee Translator.
The Luxembourg-based company Wordbee has developed Wordbee Translator, a Cloud-based collaborative translation and project management platform and Wordbee Beebox, a CMS connectivity solution. Wordbee helps renowned Language Service Providers, public and educational organisations, and global leading companies to implement high-performance translation technology.
Discover Wordbee Machine translations with your 15 day free trial or talk to one of our localization consultants.